A Moab Wedding

Ok, before I start this post, bear with me, it's going to be a bit of a picture overload. I tried to narrow it down but there's still quite a few... This last weekend Ethan and I took a trip down to Moab to attend a wedding. My Uncle found a wonderful woman and has an undying love for Moab so they decided it would be the perfect place to get hitched. The ceremony was held under the Sand Dune Arch in Arches National Park.
  the ceremony at Sand Dune Arch, the bride and groom (this beautiful photo isn't mine)
                                                                                             
        The ceremony was beautiful against the red rock. Afterwards we had dinner at Sunset Grill which is set up on cliff with a long steep driveway leading up to it. It was a pretty cool place and Ethan of course enjoyed the drive up.
We were all asked to wear black, red or white. This is what I came up with. I kind of pulled it all together last minute but I like the way it turned out. It wasn't hard for Ethan to fit the dress code because half his clothes are black anyway!
Ya, it's a pretty blurry pic, but this is the only             Ethan lookin' sharp!
one with my eyes open. typical me ;)

Not the best shoe choice for the location, but super cute!

Before heading back home on Sunday, we decided to explore Moab a little more. We found the neatest little rock shop just off the main road. They had every rock you could imagine and tons of antiques on display.
                            In front of the shop.                             Museum area.

They even had a little corner of the shop dedicated as a museum. The ceiling was lined with  rusty old mining lanterns and they sold even more rocks in front of the shop. 
 unpolished rocks for sale outside the shop.



A few of my choices. I ended up buying
a couple to use for future necklaces.

After visiting the rock shop and looking at a couple other shops on the main road we headed back to Arches National Park and explored a little before finally heading home. It was a little trip. We hope to be back to Moab in the future so we can spend more time exploring. There's tons of hikes and shops and beautiful red rocks and sand. You can even go river rafting!

In front of a Native American shop with some pretty turquoise sculptures, Ethan at the start of the Sand Dune Arch trail.


Well, that's it for tonight. Ethan just got off and we're going to watch a scary movie in the spirit of Halloween which is coming up soon! I love them and he hates them but I still end up being more scared than him, haha. We'll see how it goes!
Oh, I almost forgot. Outfit details!
outfit 1: dress via urban wear, bike shorts and shoes via wet seal, shawl via ross(found it last second for $7!)
outfit 2: t-shirt via target, skirt via papaya, bike shorts via wet seal, necklace via forever21, bracelet via stella&dot.?

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo