Craft Sunday - elbow patch DIY!!

So, it's sunday, which is oh. so. great. because it's my first day off in a couple weeks! Wahoo! This week me and Ethan are house/dog sitting for my parents while they're in disneyworld (so not fair!). Most of the day we've been lounging around watching tv and relaxing in the hot tub (it's nice pretending to live here-haha. much more luxurious than our one bedroom apartment)

My mom's adorable puppy, peanut.

Sundays are usually the designated craft day and even though there's no one here to craft with today I still had to have a project! I get most of my ideas off pinterest (surprise!) and this one's no exception. I've been obsessing over elbow patches lately and I was ecstatic when I found this awesome, easy tutorial for upcycling a sweater with cute heart elbow patches. When I followed the link I found out it's from one of my favorite blogs; A Beautiful Mess. Even better.

All you need is a sweater/cardigan, a little fabric, scissors, cardstock (to make a stencil), a marker, a few pins, and a needle and thread. No sewing machine required! You can follow the link for the full tutorial, but here's a quick breakdown of the steps-complete with pics! :)

step 1: mark an 'X' on the point of your elbow
step 2: cut a heart out of the cardstock and make sure it fits on the sleeve
step 3: use the stencil to cut out your fabric
step 4: pin the fabric hearts on each sleeve, over the 'X'
step 5: sew on your heart patches and you're done!
the finished product!
I love my new elbow patch sweater! :D




0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo